Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things I'm OK with these days.

I just did something I never thought I would do. I went to the mall wearing make-up from yesterday. What? It happened. If my 25 year-old self could have witnessed my present 32 year-old self wearing day old make-up in public, some sort of dramatic intervention might have taken place.

But, let's be real here. It turns out that motherhood has found me being ok with a plethora of things I would not have done in my past Sam-less life. I feel like I should list those things here for your entertainment or for you to feel like you're a little less alone. Here goes.

-I wear the same two pairs of yoga capri pants more than anyone should be allowed to in a week.

-I wear the same said pairs of yoga pants IN PUBLIC. Never thought this one would happen, but it has. I justify it by also wearing lip gloss.

-I am ok with wearing things that have been slightly spit up on. Sometimes, more than slightly is ok, depending on how tired I am and how many times I've already changed my shirt that day. I'm considering patenting my design for a shirt made entirely of burp-cloths.

-Regardless of how hard I try, I am late for almost everything. If you and I are meeting somewhere for lunch, please allow 15-20 minutes extra for me to arrive. I promise it's for a good reason (i.e. I just got thrown up on, someone's diaper just exploded as we were walking out the door, or someone is taking a nap which is lasting about 2.5 hours longer than normal).

-I am ok with being sneezed on, even in my face at 2 inch range. This is really more of a babies-only thing, but if you do happen to sneeze in my face, I'll be a lot more laid-back about it than I would have been 6 months ago.

-I hardly ever know what's going on in a movie or tv show because I've usually missed the important plot twists while changing a diaper or two or three. My husband is now the King of Recaps.

-I type emails with one hand, and more recently blog posts. Speaking of that, the babe is requiring two hands at the moment, (i.e. someone just made a deposit in his diaper) so I'll conclude for now.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate:
    1. two blog posts in two days. i know the effort this requires which means i also know the personal time you sacrificed. kudos.
    2. the bullet point regarding sneezing. so very true.
    3. the fact that the "diapers" label is in all caps. so telling and so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to the bank in yoga pants and a t-shirt big enough for two people to fit in. My first thought, "what am I DOING?" My second thought, "I miss DL."

    ReplyDelete
  3. In solidarity with your yoga pant confession, I have one of my own. I have a khaki skirt that I wore to work last Thursday, and thanks to baby Ella, by the end of the day, it was stained (visibly) with breastmilk (she's a messy eater), spit-up ('nuff said), and ketchup (she knocked my lunch out of my hand).

    So what did I wear to work on Friday? That's right, my friend...the SAME skirt. And, no, I didn't wash it first.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...